Monday, June 7, 2010

Tanzania

Since I was busy yesterday, I will cover today and yesterday! I hope you like my post!!! :)






Our beds in Arusha!! The misquito netting was hard to get in and out of



One of the stores on the way out of Arusha.





Some of the goods that might be sold in Arusha



These pictures are of when we got to the school in Mirowa. I remember getting out and being surrounded by kids wanting to know your name, touching your skin and hair, and being totally excited that you were there. They fought over holding your hand, they wanted to talk to you, and just touch you. It was an amazing experience.












Mepurda!! Our sponsor child!!



The school!! :)



Their desks and chairs!!! :)



Their playground!




Teaching the Creation lesson!!



Emma and I got to make name tags and watch the kids get a picture of their sponsor!



Kids gathering around Fred!!




Sponsor children waiting to get their picture taken so that the sponsors can have a picture of their sponsor child.




This is our "hotel" we stayed in while we were in Mirowa.




The bathrooms and showers.



Our beds!



Puppy!




Breakfast at the school in Mirowa!!!




On Sunday, our team split up into groups and went to church! Our church was very small and my dad, Sharo, and I had to preach a sermon while the translator translated it. Then we listened to a sermon from the preacher. After church, the pastor and his friends invited us to stay and have some soda! It was cold and I wondered how they kept it so cold!

While we were in Mirowa, we visited sponsor children and I got the chance to meet mine! His name is Mepurda. I remember when we got there and saw him, that he was overwhelmed with all of the gifts that we gave him. I still pray for him each and every day.



On the way to Merpuda's house loaded down with gifts



Talking to Mepurda through the translator



Entering Mepurda's boma.



Mepurda



Gifts for Mepurda!!



One of the sponsor children's boma.




Termite mound!!!!!!!



Questioning some of the sponsor kids to give information to sponsors at home!



Outhouse



Chicken Coop!



"Livestock"

2 comments:

emma claire said...

let us go back.... please!!!! ARIZONA DONT KEEP UP HERE!!! HAL RAISE MONEY LIKE NOW :D

Hal said...

I KNOW!!!! (i just need some good ideas on how to raise money) WE SHOULD BOTH RAISE MONEY!! I SERIOUSLY WANT TO GO BACK!! :D