I remember waking up on the day I was to go to Tanzania. I remember waking up at three and wondering why I was up so early. Then it hit me. I was going to Tanzania. With Emma.
I was scared. I remember thinking: this is the last time I would see my mother, house, and brothers for ten days. I remember hugging my mother as she said goodbye. I was sad to leave some of my ways of life behind. But I was excited to see the ways of life in another culture. To experience something different
I remember going to the airport and sitting there by Paradise Bakery and waiting for everyone. I remember talking to Emma and noticing that she seemed really nervous. I remembered that the airplane ride would be 28 hours overall.
I remember getting in the plane and being so excited that I could hardly contain it. I remember being bored on the plane and wishing that we would be there already.
I remember getting to Africa and having to go through a security check. And I remember that Emma wasn't feeling good and that she threw up. Then she said that she would never go to Chilies again. I remember being excited that I was finally there. That I was in Tanzania. I remember riding in a car on a bumpy road and sitting in the "jump seat".
While I was in Tanzania, I remember experiencing another culture. Seeing children that had next to nothing. And relizing that I had so much to be thankful for. I remember when we arrived in Mirowa, that the children would flock around you and touch you and want to hold you hand. They were amazed with my blonde hair (and Emma's too) and wanted to be right next to me. I remember this trip as being an amazing trip that changed my lifestyle. I remember wanting to go back. I felt so free there. I wish I could go back. If I could, I would be there right now helping serve the people of Tanzania. I would not change this trip for the world.
{ I will be posting about each day until the 14th }
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LETS GO BACK!! LIKE TODAY!!! :)
YA!!! LETS!!!! :)
Post a Comment