Monday, October 25, 2010
Impact Camp!!!!
Impact Camp was awesome to the MAX!!!! I had so much fun!!! My cabin group was the Berry triplets (Mauve, Merrill, and Sara) and Maddie!!!!!! That made camp even more fun!! The theme was ultimate warrior!!! I was a elf from Lord of the Rings (elves from Lord of the Rings look VERY different from Santa's elves). And my costume was AWESOME!!!! I don't think we got any pictures of it unfortunately..... BUT I brought my marshmallow bow and arrow shooter that shoots marshmallows and Ryan (my youth pastor) was running away from me and covering his head because he didn't know what it was and because I was aiming it at him. It was HILARIOUS!!! Then he was 20 feet away from me and he asked me to shoot it at him. I knew it didn't shoot that far but I shot it anyway and it landed 5 feet away from Ryan. It was really funny because he was so afraid of it!!! Then I told him it was a marshmallow and he picked it up off the ground and ATE IT!!!!! It was disgusting because I had dried them out and smashed them and ya. Chapel was really fun too!! We sang a lot of songs and I knew them all so that was awesome!! We had a Ryan's friend, Pastor John, speak to us. The theme of the sermons was spiritual warfare because the theme of camp was ultimate warrior. We read Ephesians 6:11. It was awesome to see how we could fight Satan and his demons that roam the Earth and how we can get them out of our lives. We talked about stuff that distracts us from God and how we can get rid of those distractions and focus on God more. It was really awesome and Pastor John was a really good speaker. We also played a night game where you had half a q-tip and you had to find one of the three "token ladies" who had chips to give you if you found them. They made a lot of noise BUT they had guards who guarded them and if one of the guards tagged you, you had to give them your q-tip but if you made it, you traded your q-tip in for a chip from the "token lady". If your q-tip was taken, you had to go back to the chapel and the guards there had to make you do something for another q-tip. If you got a token, you went back to the chapel and traded it in for another q-tip. The contest was 7th grade against 8th grade so the jail guards kept the chips for you in either the 7th grade section or the 8th grade section. Unfortunately, the 8th graders won but I think they got lucky. Anyway, I got a chip and was never tagged!! Which was awesome!! One of the other games was a sharpie fight between two girls and two boys! It was really funny!! There was another game where you had to stick one of those small powered doughnuts on a stick that the person in front of you was holding in their mouth. The trick was: you had to use your mouth to put the doughnut on the stick!!! I got to do this and there was to 7th grade girls paired up (including me), two 8th grade girls paired up, two 7th grade boys paired up, and two 8th grade boys paired up. We lost but it was really fun!! One of the ultimate warrior games was you had to put a trash can over your head and run across to the other teams side diagonally (there were four teams) and run it back!! It was really funny when people went too far and bumped into each other!! Our team almost won but we didn't. We were one person short!! The second challenge was to come up with a team cheer/name!! My team won that!! The third challenge was this: the leaders poured some diet coke in your mouth and put a mento in your mouth and then you had to run across the field and spit whatever was left into a cup that one of the people on your team was holding!!! Every one's mouths were exploding!!! It was really funny!! The fourth challenge was like sharks and minnows except the "sharks" had water cups and if you were splashed by water, you became a "shark" and got your own water cups. I didn't win but it was really fun!! The fifth challenge was in the chapel but I didn't participate because I was tired. The rooms we stayed in had to fit 6 to a room and there was no hot water!! So when I took a shower, it was freezing!! We also had a human Foosball court outside of our room!! It was really fun to play human Foosball!!! We (the triplets, Maddie, and me) were walking back from playing Foosball and we walked by a beehive and Sara and I got stung!! It kinda hurt but it wasn't that bad. Well..... there was any "summary" of my weekend! Kinda long, huh??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you would have clicked return a few times in this extra long post, I might read it all.
it looks like fun! but I cant read it it hurts my eyes without SPACES IN BETWEEN SENTENCES!!
really?? wow that means you have been on the computer for too long.........
JUST NEVERMIND.
just remember to add spaces. :)
Post a Comment