Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Posting

Recently, I have been doing a project at school and it is sooooo much fun!!!! I have been making an African mask which, when you are finished, looks like it is carved out of wood!!! You can design your mask and choose what colors you want on it!! I started with a piece of cardboard and layered some of my details to make it look 3-D. Then, I paper-mached it with newspaper and paper towels. I had 2 layers of newspaper and 1 layer of paper towels. Then, I got some colored construction paper and made my mask colorful!!! Finally, I attached feathers and decorative beads to my mask!!! It was an amazing project and was so much fun!! I might actually miss school for once......
2 MORE DAYS TILL SUMMER!!!
Hal(ey)

2 comments:

Elizabeth Barnitt said...

I still want to see that mask! I want to see the masks of every person in your group!!! (Especially Rachel's because it's an owl!:))

Hal said...

Ok..... I could post one eventually!! I'm not sure I have any of my group's masks...